Thursday, June 24, 2004

Flinder's Lane Exposure

Posted by Hello

今天心情很好,because I have don’t a lot of things and eventurally open my heart to embrace the world. And I decide not to go clubbing tonight, in case I get drunk and can not wake up to plant tree in the coastal tomorrow :>

This morning, I went to do research for career center again. I have talked to the event organizer and the career consultant about what I can do with my degree in the future. Arts is different from commerce, engineer, medicine or whatever similar color code (your graduate gown) degrees, they don’t teach you a specific skill. Instead, it teaches you the way of thinking and doing things. Is it a good way or bad? I cant say and I wouldn’t know until I come out to work for several years. I trust luck, opportunity, and commitment. Who doesn’t want to be rewarded without doing anything? There is no such thing in the world that a human was born to do in her/his favor, unless you are Paris or Nikkie, two stupid party chicks. The only way out is to embrace life, to love, or at least not hate, the things you are doing. Enjoy your everyday, not to worry too much and an uncontrollable future. Life is short, no one wants to regret when they are sitting on a wheelchair talking those old things. Youth should chock up with color, not grey. I was in dark grey for many months, or maybe years. I need to change! Actually, I have changed a lot since April. Thanks God, give me a holy month although I did not have Fast Day or something like that. For me, life is not stable. When I was young, I contempt those people who admire or have stable life. But when I grow older, I realize stable is not a bad thing, unless you are happy with what you are doing and you don’t waste a day in your life.

Yesterday I talked to my dad on MSN. He told me he was going to Athens for Olympic this year. I didn’t feel jealous, instead, I feel happy. Why? Because he is the one I love, if he is happy then I will be happy too. Happiness can be as simple as this. I understand more about love now. I am lucky that I have friends will not leave me at any time. I will never walk in the middle of the road in mid-night ever again.

In the afternoon, I went down town to ask about the MYOB course. Then I discovered a new city library on Flinders Lane. It is soooooo cool. It has got recent DVD, CD and Chinese fictions. Hmm…I should visit there more often. After that, I strolled down the whole Flinders Lane. It is my favorite “little” street I like in Melbourne (my favorite road is Royal Pde). Several cute, antique shops had been stepped in by a girl (me!!) without fashion. They are: Genki, Toxic, a Japanese bookshop on Cathedral arcade, Scarf festival and a Swiss Waffle café.

So far, I have knitted three scarfs, which, if there are still with me, can be sold in the Scarf festival for a few hundred AU dollars. One is green compounded with white, now is with Jacky. One is pure white, it took me a year to knit it and is with 惠敏. The recent one is the most complicated, it is red and grey; it took me only two months, and maybe somewhere in the world.

On my way back to Uni, I bought a bubble tea called Longan (龙眼), it is on the “dare to try” list. Even the bubble girl doesn’t know what the hell is that, so I tried it. Super sweet! It is not bad, but I will not have this favor again. Ai…I miss the smoothie in Guangzhou.

Being a student is the best job in the world, except for those assignment time. We have not much to worry about and holiday all the time. I am saving up for the Perth trip in November later this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home