Monday, July 05, 2004

Congratulations

Bless you! Bless you! I was very happy to receive a phone call from Candy yesterday telling me that she received an offer from Hong Kong University Faculty of Arts. Thanks God. When she was at the edge of hopelessness, good things finally hunt her down. I see a miracle happened in my life. I did not trust miracle before, now I will never give up hope if I still have will in my heart.

She is a smart girl, a lot better than me. In first year of uni, she had got above H2A while she was working more than 20 hrs a week. I felt very sad at the time she had put off her study because she could not afford to stay in Melbourne any more. In last 6 months, she must have suffered a lot. A 19-year-old, wondering in a world city, try to find her place in the society without even a degree. How can you complete with those degree holders? Those MBAs? Those wealthy people? Who wants to work in a restaurant for a life? Suddenly, rainbow comes into her life. Life hopes to be easier for her now.

Take a look at myself, I start to change myself from now on. I have already half-way through my course, I can’t see myself have done much or improve a lot. I can’t stay in the same place and see my friends are all moving forwards. I have already come up with a list of what I need to do everyday and what I have to achieve by the end of this year.

Candy also told me Raymond got an internship in a top PR company. Maybe I should contact Peter Collingwood and see if he can give me any opportunity.

In Australia, appearance is very important. I am too casual to myself and life, that is why I always have low mark for my work. I am not lazy, I just take things too easy and treat them careless. For most of the time, I want to finish one thing as soon as possible, regardless the quality. By admitting my weakness, I am forced to change!

I hear more and more voices about life, career, relationship, etc. around me now. Suddenly, I find myself have already transit from teenage to adulthood. I have to find my own position in the society by listening to others opinion but not totally take up what they say. I can’t be as simple minded as I once was. No one is going to take care of you when you grow up (sigh~~~).

I don’t want to go to work tonight coz I had talked with Candy for 3 hours last night (from 2am~5am). Super sleepy. Hang on, I have one more thing to say, Greece wins Euro2004. WT? I think euro soccer will change climate from now on.

Today’s Quote:
Never give up hope when you are alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home