Friday, July 02, 2004

Euro2004 soccer

Euro2004 final will be on next Monday Australia time. Woo… time flies so fast! I didn’t even notice when it began. My memory flashed back four years on the mid-night of watching Euro2000 in 筱艺’s apartment. That night we woke up at around 2:00am and found out there was no reception for any TV channel! His dad moved around the antenna and finally received a domestic sport channel. The quality was not very good, and the voice over was mandarin, but we were all happy because --- Better than none. I clearly remember that I looked across the window to another household, only to see snowflake on their TV screen. We should have no complain la. The match is between Italy and France (none of it get into semi-final this year). Italia kicked in one goal first, and France didn’t seem to have clue to break through the Italian defense net. After watching for 85 min, we all thought Italy would win and we could go to sleep soon. Soccer in that year was quite miracle, soccer players always kick in the ball in the last minute. So, we had to watch extra time. So, France was certainly the winner. So, we went to sleep at 4:00am. 筱艺 and me were like a child (we were still teenage child indeed), lying on bed and kept talking. Normally we did not talk that much coz we were not very good friends. But that night we really talked a lot of things, which I had forgot all of them, hehehe.

Yeah, it will be great if I can find some friends to watch Euro soccer final in a pub. Otherwise, I can only read the winner on next day’s headline. SBS says it will not broadcast Euro2004 because it affects the commercial profit of Foxtel. Ai…commercial! I have no more comment.

Talking about Portugal, I think of an admirable person there --- Simon Head. It has been 2 years since he left Melbourne. I see him on MSN sometimes, but I never talk to him. Hmm… maybe next time when I see him online, I should ask him how about the Protégée chick(en) and soccer.

Yesterday, I went down to a Swatch Shop on Collin St. to buy a new band for
swatch Posted by Hellomy 3D swatch bought in H.K. 2 years ago. It cost me Au$20 which is not bad. Now my old watch looks like brand new. I asked the shop assistant did the Touch theme swatch sells good. She said: “Yes, especially the bunny one (the sexy theme) is actually sold out.” Oh gee, how come these days young people all like sex, gay and suicide theme kind of stuff. Ai…Post-modernism century. I have no comment again.

Today's Quote:
A life spent making mistakes is not only one more honourable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home