Friday, July 16, 2004

Op-shop shopping

 
惨啦!惨啦! I have the common symptom as most of the media personnel (as what Janice mentioned in her blog). When I watch TV, I pay attention to what product placement they put into the program rather than the program content; when I listen to radio, I listen to what ad they put at that time slot and how they present it; when I read newspaper (e.g. MX), I look at what industry put their ads on this paper; …… When can I entertain myself?
 
I am cheerful and confident today, because I am given a media job offer from a non-for-profit organization, in a Volunteer based. I will start doing marketing, writing public release, liaising, and coordinating small events in November, which is after Sem2. I don’t want to start my media job in a commercial organisation first, as they are commercial that they will not teach you much higher up things. I don’t want to be a 打杂, doing phone calling or data entry. Anyway, nothing will happen till November. I better concentrate on CTG at this stage.
 
Today I went op-shop shopping on Smith St. Many people may think: er ~ second-hand stuff, only poor people buy it. For me, I like op-shop not because I am poor (every student is poor in a way. Remember, that is our parents’ money!), but I can find many antique stuffs. In Hong Kong, I could spend a day in a street that sells antiques. The excitement you have when you dig something out of stacks of dusty old things are amazing. If I miss Melbourne, that must be Brunswick St, Smith St, and Royal PDE.
 
Today’s Quote:
10% off everything
40% off something
60% off little things 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home