Saturday, July 24, 2004

Super Lzay day

I received an email from Jacky, my closest male friend in China, saying that I could call him any time I want because he had already finished his exams. Yes, it is ANY TIME coz the last few times I called him was after mid-night when he was half-asleep. I don’t have much luck in my life so far, but God is graceful enough to give me so many heartful friends. They gave me lights when I was dump, and pointed out my weaknesses straight away without any hesitation. True friends not only will go through hard time with you, but also criticise you without fearing of loosing the friendship.

I didn’t go out at all yesterday. What I did was eat and sleep. This kind of “relaxing” is a torture to me. It is called laziness and makes me feel even tired. SOHO type of job will not be suitable for me unless I can work in a place like my dream house. Strangely, I start to inspect properties recently. There is one a few houses after where I am living, very luxurious and went for auction today. I went down to have a look and it was sold for AU$920,000! That is why it is advertised as “everyone’s dreamed house” because we can have it only while we are dreaming.

We had a conversation about how spoiled Australian is at work. The bar man said after coming back from Romania, he wanted to give a punch to his friend who was complaining money and “heavy” work-load. In many countries, because of corruption, people are living in a clearly class society. It can be poverty with an extreme splendid house next door. I have heard of this a lot. There is one girl I know she even quit her psychology job because she could not stand people to complain about how small the house they are living in and all those kind of foolish problems. Australian takes everything for granted and always want more and better. It is like some rich spoiled kids, they never know how lucky they are. I do not blame them and have no jealous towards them. Inevitably, human always wants better.

Last night I had done a shameful thing – asked my dad to buy a digital camera for me. Maybe you think it is a reasonable thing, but for me, it is very shameful. I try my best to be financial independent since I started uni. I know my parents can afford whatever I ask them to buy for me, but I want them to use those money they have saved, not me! This is mutual love. I remember there was once I discussed with a 23-year-old about how a wedding ceremony bill should be divided between two families. He said “Parents of each side should pay a quarter of the bill.” My reaction was aggressive and told him off straight away: “I won’t ask my parents to pay.” I looked down on this guy since that time. 

Today’s Quote:
Everyone who got where he is, had to begin where he was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home