Thursday, August 05, 2004

Crappy tute

My week has a sort of finish now. Tomorrow is my day off, and I only have one lecture at 9am on Friday. I am pretty rush in the first half of the week. Classes, seminars, dance, work, all come at the same time, no break, no lunch.

Asia-Pacific Media is not as good as expected mainly due to the boring lecutrer Umi (she hasn’t changed her style of lecturing, still repeat herself again and again in the lecture) and theoretical-minded tutor Peter (yes, it is this shy PHD guy again). 20+ of us had crappy discussions about Globalisation/Westernation in our afternnon tute. The worse thing was, Ben, Joy, Janice and me sat on the other end of the table, directly oppiste Peter, so we all had to find some crappy things to talk. As Peter was our Global media lecturer last semester, so Ben and me took those “two-way-flow of information” “diaspora” on the table again and got his nod. Super crap!

I was surprised to find that there are many singaporean in our class. When they were asked about did they consider themselves as “East” or “West”, most of them said they were both. Hmm...it is interesting. I will find out more later this semester because I am going to analysis Singapore media system with Janice for my assignment report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home