Sunday, August 15, 2004

Family values

Today is recorded as the coldest day in 6 years in Melbourne. It is a typical day in Melbourne winter: non-stopped rain accompanies with unresisted winds. As I am the girl who never bring umbrella, I was half wet by the time I reached Victoria Market. Having taking a false thought, I chose a bad grocery shopping day.

Never mind, I am still better than those who are graduating today. I feel sorry for them of graduating in such a bad weather. Whatsoever, I still want to give my sincerely wishes for my graduated friends: Cherry, Wee Kee and Yi Ping. Hope for the best to them and we may see each other again in the future somewhere in the world.

Being blessed by the grace of God, my grandma finally moved out from my aunt’s house to a very nice house in Burwood. Generation gap is a very big problem in this era. It is a best option for her to move out, as I have been telling her since I came. However, I am bitterly disappointed to see what my uncle and aunt (my grandma’s youngest son and daughter) have done to their parents. They regarded them as encumbrance, a big contrast to the way they treat their children. On top of that, the sibling relationship between my uncle and aunt is only left with competition between their children. Taking care of each other would only happen back in those old days. Is it this their fault or the fundamental problem underlined the whole Australia society? It is another reason I don’t like here. Maybe this kind of family matters also occurs in other societies. I just happen to live in Melbourne and witness what is taking place in front me, which makes me sick of this city I have been living for 4 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home