Thursday, August 19, 2004

Olympic Games

Olympic seems to be out of topic among my friends here. Back to four years ago, when I was still at high school in China, Olympic prevailed in the whole campus. Jacky “stole” a remote control and switched on the TV set to watch the games in-between classes, lunch recess time and after school. We were so intelligent that could tune the TV set to receive a cable channel without any permission from the central control room, as we were not allowed to watch programs other than those boring propaganda stuff from school. The funniest thing was we even competed with the class next door for the better quality signal.

I missed the opening ceremony, either did I four years ago. At that time, I was about to skip class for watching it back at home. All of a sudden, my teacher came and scolded the whole class for skipping class issue. Didn’t she know that day was the first day of Olympic? Eventually, we end up listening to radio and imagining what Nikkie Webster looks like from her voice.

This year, I am totally detached to any games. Not like in those teen years, I have got so many things to do that I don’t have time to sit down to enjoy a good match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home