Monday, September 27, 2004

Grand Final

Yesterday was Grand Final, a final match of an Australian rule football game. It was a yearly sport event that the whole nation watches and celebrates together. The teams that got into final this year was Port Adelaide and Brisbane Lion. I am not a big fan of this kind of football game, however, having lived in this country for quite a while, I adapt to talk with people about football in their conversation. I expected Brisbane to win as it was the winner in the last few years. Yet Adelaide beat it and broke Bris’ dream of consecutive winning for four years!

As the match happened in the city, it was a quiet night for our restaurant. We all finished work at 10pm. Soon after work, another girl Tina and me could not wait to go downtown to join in the fun. Firstly we went to Young & Jackson. There was a live ban there as usual. We wanted to spend the rest of our night in this heritage pub. Very disappointed that the music was so crap that drove us away straight away. Then we wondered around Elizabeth and Lonsdale street to spot a nice pub place. We ended up waiting in a queue to get into the Lounge which turned out to be asked for $10 entry fee. No more other place within my knowledge, we had to go home earlier and prepared for today’s anniversary Yum Cha event.

The poor woman in my restaurant is a psycho. She could greet me with warm kiss when I started work but swore at me with “F~~~!” It was not my fault and I did not even know what the hell was going on. After her swore, many girls came to me and said “she has no right to swear at me like that. Go and tell the boos.” I did not feel angry or something towards her as I know she had been through many hardships in her life. Yet, you could not put all these personal matters on me, on anyone else. I did not tell the boss, BUT, I knew if I did not do anything to defend myself, I would loose my dignity hereafter. I told the manager and spread the words around the other girls. By the end of the night, she came to me and said sorry to me. I don’t want to hurt her or give her any bad reputation, but it is not my responsibility to loose my dignity to defend her. If it is not my responsibility, I should not take on it. I just don’t want myself get hurt again as I used to be.

Last year from today onwards, my life went through a journey of dramatic and unpredictable changes. All those memories still vividly stamp in my mind. September was overindulged, October was chaos, and November was the most enjoyable time in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home