Monday, September 20, 2004

Great Ocean Road Day trip

Today is another nice sunny pre-spring day in Melbourne city. For a person love beach and sunshine would not waste such a god-given day under shelters, neither would I. Stuffed a book and a few snacks in a bag, I stepped onto a tour bus which I knew no one in there and headed towards Great Ocean Road for a one-day Melbourne escape. Don’t laugh at me for travelling alone. I had been travelled by my own since I was 15. The first travelled place was Guilin, an amazing beauty city in southwest China. After that, I went to many places with no companions but ended up making heaps of new friends on the way. The most recent one was a trip to Bangkok, which I went without knowing a single word in Thai. I nearly got swindled in the city centre, but it is another story. Frankly, I don’t mind to travel alone, but it is always better to travel with someone you know. However, many adverse circumstances are either I don’t have time or they don’t have money, or another way round. I think I still have to be a self-backpacker for another few years time.

Back to the road trip of Victory famous coastal scenery; I did not enjoy much in the first half of the bus trip. I was carsick. I could not even walk when the bus stopped for a lunch break. So certainly, I did not eat anything in the whole trip. Even till now, my stomach is still complaining to me by turning my food and water upside-down. Luckily, after running for waves in the beach in meal break, I had more energy for afternoon time sight seeing. The site for London Bridge was the most fascinated scene to me. I feel as small as those beach sands when I was under the embrace from natural hands. Australia always has countless beach that we can run on it and swash our worries into the endless ocean.

It was sad at night though as I broke our fish tank. Sorry ah, Caroline! Our fish are alright. The accident was like this: after changing our fish in a container, I left the fish tank on the washing machine, which was drying my dirt. Then not the fish jumped out but the glass tank did an 1 degree diving from washing machine to the bath floor. Now our fish have to find their new home in a plastic container that was used for laundry powder before.

The other thing is, two crews have already signed out from my department. I understand their circumstances, but…what I can do is to find some substituted people luo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home