Friday, September 24, 2004

An irritated guy

The stage manager is such a dickhead that none of our department member likes him. He is a stereotype of supercilious Honkie guy, rule and arrogant. People may think I am bad luck to work with such kind of person, the fact is, I don’t mind to deal with him. As in the real world, I definitely will confront with people worse than him. This time would be a great chance for me to practise my leadership skill and maintain my principle in a hard stance. There were several times in the last few days of rehearsal we had arguments. I did not either give in or fought with him. What I did was follow my plan and did whatever our department should do. However, I need firmer stance on my point next time (I am sure we would have “next time” conflict). Otherwise, how could I look after my crews?

Last night, the whole CTG admin and production people had a pre-production dinner. The sets and props leaders were in my table. Within our table talks, we all agreed with one point that WE WOULD NOT BE LEADERS NEXT YEAR! It is true that we would get a lot out of this production. Yet, being a crew is always easier than being a leader, at least they don’t need to take on so many responsibilities. The set designer, Michael, said: “吃饭时吾好讲工事, 比我吃番餐安乐饭啦.” This only the snap shot of our leaders’ life.

I suddenly realise now is Thursday night. How can time slip away without my notice? Every day in this week I put myself in the rehearsal and nearly want to hang myself up for leading a department. My job is to see who is on the stage now; when we should cue in; what is on the stage and what is not; what sets/props should be there for the next scene. Things have to be detailed to which person should look after. On top of that, communication between costume, make-up, and props department are also my role. No next year ah!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home