Saturday, October 02, 2004

The first show

I didn’t expect we could have such a great success in our first show. Actually, we turned the tragedy into comedy and I was laughing all the time at the back. The casts presented the whole play in a first-class standard, and people could not believe it all came from students with little or no experience. There was one act that while the wife was hitting her husband (David) for getting back her jewellery, the chair David sat on suddenly broke and he felt on the floor. The audience thought it was part of the play, but our production people knew it was an accident. I could not stop myself laughing for five minutes! After the show, we all pin-point to the set designer Michael and teased him: “Was it your design? Did you make it? So hilarious!” hahaha…… four more shows to go then I will be free to my assignment lah!

For backstage, I really proud and appreciate for their dedication and the great job they had done in the first show. Backstage is not an easy department. It is always ignored but very important for the success of a play. When the play starts, my command is just below the stage manager. While waiting for the scene changes, they have to find something to entertain themselves; once I call for cues, they have to be quick and soft. After all those headache planning, now I am having an ease off during the show. The not so good thing is I have to read the script five times to watch the cues, timing, props and scenes changes. One of the prop’s crew felt surprise that I could remember every casts’ script. Ai…… if you read the script book more than five times, you can do it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home