Sunday, October 10, 2004

A life time memory

Finally, finally, we bumped out of the theatre in the mid-night last night after six months of working with this Mandarin play. Crying and hugging were everywhere; production booklets were flipping around for leaving words; cameras were flashing from every angles on the stage. So many hard works had been put in, this production would stay in many people’s mind forever.

We made every piece of sets and some props; trying hard to find traditional Chinese costumes; conducting workshop to teach people for theatre make-ups; and coordinating people for backstage rehearsals. The experience of calling 20+ people on Sunday night; last minute changing for stage plans; raining night in the garage for discussing how to do with the ponderous bed; and the meeting at 6pm every show for backstage. I would value this experience and the friends I made in the production. Without the supports from some of my crews, I would not be able to lead a smooth and happy backstage department. It is happy to see them, especially those first-years’, are eager to participate for next year’s production. Add to my joyfulness is I see two of my crews become couple after the production. The feeling within me is like a mother to see her daughter/sun to find her/his love.

The following bump out dinner was an absolute clamours scenario in the late night Chinatown. 80+ CTG people filled up the second floor of a restaurant for catching up. In our backstage table, I asked my crews that: “During the production time, how many KFC have you guys eaten?” Answered with one voice: “Countless!” My assistant even said: “I gain weight after the production, always KFC and late dinner.”

After this play, some of them would only have four more weeks in university and leave Melbourne back home or to overseas. No matter where they go, I wish the best for them and hope to see them somewhere in the world in the future. Some of them tell me that it is a bit scary to know they are uni life is going to end soon. Years of studies and happiness in the academic environment would be the best part in their lives.

I had explored my way of leadership skill as well as learning from the other leaders. The words “greater power comes with greater responsibilities” do not come from ease. To the most of my spirit is my hard work is appreciated by my crews and other department leaders. The descriptions of me as “a good leader”, “terrific job”, “happy” relief all my stress and tiredness, which I have collected since I take on this role.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home