Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A losing industry

Today we were talking about Chinese media in our Asia-Pacific lecture. I am ashamed to admit that I do not know much about my country’s media system. This is because I never watched CCTV or read any Party oriented newspaper. My memory of Chinese media is Hong Kong style mixed with China ideology, which is more conservative about digging out people’s private live. However, I don’t care if it is state or commercial oriented as I have no more interest in any mass media now.

Another area that loses my interest is event management. Before this year, I was eager, desperate in a way, to do event. I admired those event managers and followed every event that happened within my internship. The more I know, the higher position I want to get to. Event is just at the lower ground of marketing; everything is hands-on and no need to hold any academic background. The higher level is PR, then is advertising. The strategy planner is the position I want to climb to. The reality is, you must endure to do something for getting up to a higher level later on. There is no such thing of sitting on top without years of experience. What I need to do now is keep my vision and strive for it, if I want my value be recognised by others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home