Saturday, November 20, 2004

A final turn out

I thought I could hold back my grumpy temper after so years of living alone. Yet in the last three days, I was fidgety with the internet network setting in my new home. Running around Melbourne city to buy a cable card under the capricious weather had already made me weary, the worse was I still could not fix the problem while I opened the computer case! On top of that, I had heaps of things to follow up after moving in. The broken window blind on top of my room had to be fixed; the messy downstairs living room needed to be tidied up; a rid up for my old place; plus a lot of other clean ups. Too bad to be a fussy immaculate lover, I would like everything be done as the way I want, if that is possible. Eventually, everything has been done perfectly well: the window is covered with a “curtain” I designed and sewed myself; the internet was kicked start for the fear of being cursed thousands time while I was asking my friend’s friend for help; after mine dragging and shaking the ground floor, the living room looks more pleased to eyes; paying a fortune to a cleaner, my old place got cleaner than we move in (~not fair~). Everything will have a final turn out, while I should start to control my irritated temper every time things do not come up as expected.

Loads of thanks to my forever-best friend Lina for listening and consoling to my unreasonable distress yelling. I nearly cried again while I was hanging up cloris-made curtain. Hands were sore and no hope for others to help me. Living faraway from home and family, the only reliable person is only myself. No one I can turn for infinity help.

Melbourne weather is getting hotter and hotter everyday. I had a nice afternoon tea in the most famous café on Lygon street with my ex-neighbour Hann, a Norwegian girl. Having coffee and enjoying sunshine on the city street will definitely be a Melbournian’s favour.

Hann was kind enough to lend me a bike to ride to our real estate agent for final inspection. Nevertheless, I have never ride a bike in Melbourne although I used to do it everyday when I was back in China. On top of that, Hann is so tall that I could not reach the fall while I was on her bike. The return was I fell on down in the middle of the road while I braked the bike unprepared. So embarrassed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home