Sunday, December 12, 2004

A free day

Shower and thunderstorm is the main theme of this year’s Melbourne summer. Wet for few hours and shine for another. Ridiculous!

I was flipping through a career-planning book this morning. The more I read, the more scary I felt. 2005 will be my final year of studying in the peaceful and beautiful world-class academic institution in an unpredictable city. Many agonising matters, which I have been put off time after time, can not be avoided anymore. Job! Job! Job! Having seen big C struggling with her jobs for months, I don’t think I am ready enough to take those hardships. On top of that, I ask for more than a junior position. I know I am better than average, yet in the competitive job markets and media industry, I have no choice but lower my head. Next year will be another great year to me.

Yesterday I enjoyed a day of aimless. That is what I like to do in the holiday. As everyday is so rush and packed, I want to enjoy a day without schedule. Walking out of house at lunch time and got on a tram whatever the its number is and wherever it would take me to, I wished I could have a nice relaxing day. The fact was, I spent a free but boring day strolling along St Kilda beach and window shopped for cakes in variety cafes. Self-adventure was no fun. A person like me can not live without companion.

My tears were bursting out when grandma told me that she had already bought themselves cerements this time they went back to China. Grandpa’s health is getting worse and worse; I know that day is coming close. My worry is how can grandma stay alone after that day? No friends around, barriers of language, difficulties of going out. Fortunately, she has God to go along with.

The figures in my bank account are absolutely a shame. No difference to other youth in my generation, I never save up. Money flows in and then flows out in just a blink. My financial habit is a horror: I can be really stingy in some times, yet no budget in the others. Food is the least expenditure, since my digestion problems, while travel and entertainment costs most of my savings. Especially in the holiday, I am going out every night and non-stop partying. I am a simple girl who wish to enjoy life even in the hard time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home