Sunday, January 30, 2005

cooking

I have started cooking at home these two days; not because I have more free time, but my temporary housemate, Steven, gave me motivation to cook. Every time I saw him, he was reading a cook book and asked me about “what I should cook?” These books are like baits that lure me into the market-kitchen net. Certainly, we started with easy things – couscous, a Moroccan rice. On Friday night, I was seized by a whim and went to supermarket to buy the entire ingredient listed in the cookbook. Within merely one hour’s time, we made an tasty couscous salad. My fever kept impulsing so much so that we headed down to Victoria market today and bought ourselves a bag full of vegetables, herbs, and other “creative” ingredients. We ended up having an avocado couscous salad and a steamed mixed veggie couscous for Sunday dinner.

This was my first enjoyment of cooking. In the past, I enjoyed others to cook for me, given they had also bought in the stocks. Now I would more prefer to ventured out my cooking ability, from getting ingredients to preparing, from cooking to gustation. Fun of cooking rises in the process, not in the end tasting. Mmm…I wish I could have more time to further practice my cooking creativity.

Our microwave broke down for no reasons. As a first year electrical engineering student, Steven said he needed four more year of studying to fix the problem. So, we could either wait four more years or spend $80 bucks to buy a new one. As Steven’s words had no warranty, our housemates decided to go for the two-year warranty electrical machine. Another bad luck for me this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home