Saturday, January 01, 2005

I “s-cream” in the New Year

Happy New Year to everyone who can or cannot see this post. 2005 is unfolding in front of us now, what are plans mates? My best wish is to be happy and completely get out off the myth I have been indulged in for months.

I have been spending the whole New Year’s Eve having ice cream. The amount I had eaten equals the whole lot of the past year. Sometimes I want to obsess with something healthy to reward my long-on-going diet scheme. The worse bit was I had Souvlaki as a very very late supper several hours into New Year’s Day. Once in a year, there is nothing to be blame for enjoying the first day of an unknown year. Whereas, I can only take joy in the first half of the day, for the rest of that, working for money is my plan =<

City was packed with thousands of people last night. Great live bands were playing in the major open spaces in Melbourne city, with sweating people pushing each other along Yarra river to enjoy a breezeless New Year’s Eve. Couples of my friends were scattered in different location in the city. After meeting up with them to give my New Year’s wishes, I joint with my aunt, grandpa and two little cousins. The eventful City was not a good place for year kids and old people to stay long. Pushing hard against crowded young Aussies and suffering from the vibrant hip-hop music, they could not wait to see the midnight firework but left early back home. Next year, I might only ask my older cousin to come with me; it would be more fun if I do it this way rather than asking the whole family out.

After seeing them off in the station, I went to a de luxe apartment of a friend of my housemate. The apartment was on the 19th floor in South Bank. The panoramic view of Melbourne city discloses in front. My first time to count down to a new year with groups of friends in Melbourne, 2005 would be another challenge yet unforgettable year. The following firework was a present to every Melbournists. It was not spectacular, whereas joys came from where you were and who you were with. The purpose of this man-made joyfulness was to bring into a time to unit long disengaged friends.

These days I was hanging out with my two new housemates: Ziran (a dissolute lawyer) and Brian (a “classic” student). I felt like going back to my first year and hanging out all the time. However, summer school starts next week; I will soon get back to my busy track of life again. Ziran is working from 9 to 5 everyday, Brian will go back Taiwan for one month. I don’t think our happy time will come back again. Be real, no one can have fun all the time. No works, no gains. Maybe we would gather together some day in the future, when we may all change - rich and famous, happy and content, or myth and slump. Cheers, 2005!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home