Sunday, January 23, 2005

self fullfilment

January has slipped away in a quick pace. The first month of New Year is approaching to the end next month, and the rest of my Asian friends has and are going back to China for our traditional Chinese New Year. I am not fancy to Chinese New Year anymore, neither to the red envelope. I can sense my maturer attitude. Today, I prefer to give rather than receive.

Yester I had met with my HEWSO team members to have a pre-project social interaction. Everyone is ambitious with great attitude. There is a girl, Jenny, she has involved in various community works and got wide experience in community base. Look back to myself, I am not interested in community works although I have the contacts and have to work 40 hours as part of SALP requirement. The area I am interested in is more about cultural and creative base, which I will do several projects in the coming new uni year. Anyway, I am looking forward to the ABS project which will release on the coming Thursday.

I am conducting a new year plan at the moment. 2005 will be another restless year, however, I don’t want myself to be busy for achieving nothing. A self assessment is needed to better achieve a greater self fulfilment.

Another good report in TIMES is about the issue of Twixters. In the new age, people stay in school longer and reluctant to get out off their parents’ shelters. Even those finish their prolonged education, they still drift in life and work in the industry different from what they have learnt for years. This all come down to choices. We are facing too many choices that full-grown men and women try to experience as many areas as possible and enjoy themselves in their 20s or even 30s. I wish I could become one of the twixters, whereas I know I will not. I have a passionate dedication to live and want to achieve something I have not yet found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home