Wednesday, February 23, 2005

An amazing name

Two days before HEWSO final presentation, everything comes to the final stage. As such, our teams work, at least my work, ease a lot. I feel like I have already finished my onus for this project. I had put in a lot of extra work that I was not necessarily to. Taken things worse, on Monday, before our mock presentation, I was discontent with Nicole, one of our team’s “best” marketing types of speaker. She is an excellent sales, however, without knowing the product and an ego to know, how can she represent our team? The night before that, five of us (Kate, Jenny, Eric, James and me) were exhausted on touching up with the project, while she was having fun in a Latin dance till three o’clock in the morning. My discontentment is not only on this, but Kate, as a leader, did not blame her but chat with her about the dance scene! I kept myself silence because I understood in the last minute, uniting as a team is more important than condemnation. Nothing can or should be said in front of other group members. One more leadership characteristic I learn from HEWSO, point out and correct faults as quickly as possible.

Kate stayed in my room over night on that one of our project catching up last Friday. She asked me an interested questions: “You don’t have your parents photos?” I looked around my room, photos are everywhere, but are all my friends and me. A lot of people say I am very strong and independent. True. Since young, I don’t have close relationship with my parents. They had no intention on my life. What I had done, what I had decided, all came from my own judgement. Mistakes are unavoidable. In the state of confusion, frustration and helpless, I did not cry because I know no one will see it. My eventual change was brought up by his scold, although he did not really understand me and my situation. It was his repeated saying, “your parents have given you too much”, that offended me. I might be a bit spoiled, but I got into that state was not led by my parents.

Today was the first day of Orientation week for first year students. I was lucky enough to host a group of twelve B.A. students. Looking at their eager and excitation on the coming uni life, my first year memories caught in my mind. A mixed feeling arose: first year has always been innocence; come to my final year, sophistication has been coined. Uni life is as short as that I don’t have had enough fun. Anyhow, I will never forget such a great experience. In the new uni year, I don’t think I will have much time to involve into fun stuff such as CTG. More of my time will be occupied with searching for jobs and getting more practical experience before I enter the competitive workforce.

I am amazed to find a girl has the same name as me. In the new movie, Spanglish, the grandma role was played by Cloris Leachman, an infamous miscellaneous actress for many years. There is no excuse for me to watch to movie. At least I could flatter myself in front of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home