Thursday, February 17, 2005

Any break? Nop, unfortunately

Extended the excitement from the exam paper, we were contending about the insurance problem while walking out the exam venue. Adrienne, another talented girl who always has H1, was so passionate about economics, moving around her hands in the air and drawing graphs to support her exam answer. For me, this was the best economics exam ever, at least I knew what the questions asked me to do. Got every questions on the right track, even though I did not have time to work out some answers. Hopefully I could get more than pass this time.

Two hours after the exam, I soon engaged in another intellectual mind thinking in our HEWSO project. I want to watch movie! I want to hang out with friends! I don’t even have time to show my courtesy to the new girl who just arrived from China. I feel guilty about that. However, at this time, I was extremely out of other social human interaction aside from HEWSO and SALP.

I was shocked this afternoon that I opened my kitchen cupboard and found nothing to eat. A soul had no dinner and breakfast, starving as you could imagine, I stormed out and bought myself a loaf of Swiss date & fig. Feeding my mouth with long-desired food, I was contented and started my afternoon with chocolate and intense discussion with two other HEWSO team members. We are in the last minutes in our projects, and found ourselves a slightly out of the right tracks. We committed another sleepless night to finish the 10-page report by Friday.

Grandma was sobbing in the phone. I knew she wanted to talk with me longer as she was so lonely without a friend and even a TV show to watch. No matter what, she still grasps her ideology that western country is always better than China; and she refuses to move back. Alas…I am not good at persuasion. At this stage of my filial piety, the only thing I could offer is listening.

Busy cutting and writing, I was doing my library photo exhibition the whole morning. Eventually, after a year of waiting, I finally get the 12-month South Lawn photo displayed in front of the my uni fellow students and staffs. A postcard is going to be designed this weekend. Hopefully, everything can be done before O’week next week so I can get my name known among the new students.

This summer in Melbourne is enjoyable, although I had been busy with a lot of commitments. I enjoyed the tranquil street in Christmas time; the mildness weather during the Dec/Jan period; benign sunshine on my skin. In fact, I feel a bit irritated when the others come back and share “my” ownership of Melbourne.

Things have to move on, people will come back have to come back. Campus will soon be crammed with students. A lot of them are young new faces, which were exactly the same as mine two years ago. My final experience of feeling old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home