Saturday, March 05, 2005

A day for researching

This morning I have been doing a lot of research on the current Australian job market. Apparently, there are a lot of jobs and opportunities out there, whereas most of the jobs that I can meet the criteria are low skill. BCG, L.E.K. and McKinsey are every graduate’s dream destination. The brutal truth is, no more than 1% of their applicants can get into these well developed professional companies. Those who get the job are the top talents in the top talented pool. I am not talented, SO, what can I do? I have ambitious and belief, however, how can I compete with those H1 double degree local students? I think I will apply for every graduate program now, and apply for other media positions in mid-year or later.

If it is not for grandma, I will start looking for jobs in Singapore and move there in a year or so. Now I have to confine in this country and struggle for life in seeking for jobs and battling with those stupid faculty ass.

The worse thing is, I have decided to take three subjects this semester and four in the next one. I changed my NetCommunications subject to Multimedia authoring, because I find the later one is more useful than the former. Although I will need to work a thousand times harder, I do not regret to choose to learn something I don’t know rather than taking the easy way out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home