Friday, April 22, 2005

Amazed on Bali

Bali, a well- known tourist destination in Indonesia, starts to grab my attention in recent days. The explosive night club bombing two years ago did not sway much of my intuition, except for getting its name in my mind. But the recent tsunami disaster, a dispute on an innocent unwitting Australian victim of a drug ring, and the most recent God father style’s drug traffic operation arrest have arouse my interest. This island composes beautiful scenarios with nasty underground illegal activities. I can imagine, at night, neo-lights are flashing with glory, traffics are bumping on the road, foreigners and locals are crowded around, with bear bottles thrown everywhere and yelling came from every corner of the district. Walking on along the street, little breeze can not stop you from sweating; and your body is moving with music coming from the doors of night clubs. Covering under the dark, heroine, XYZ drugs are dealing among gangsters and big money are made. Those drug dealers then pocket with the money and put them into money laundry, washing away all the dirty marks. What a bizarre mixture of world! It is not my dream to be there, but it would be interested if I could drop by and experience such grayout area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home