Friday, April 22, 2005

First BBQ

Sizzling in the wind, smells of BBQ Halal sausages and veggie burgers were tempting people to drop by and get a free typical Aussie quick lunch. For the first time, I was not waiting in the queue longing for a free sausage and bread, but taking up the role behind the BBQ smoky scene. This afternoon was the first 2005 SALP PandA event – new SALPers welcome lunch. I regretted for not participating with SALP activities last year (because of the CTG play), I voluntarily helped PandA committee to make this BBQ happen.

Standing at the high ground of final year, I can clearly look back on what I have done and what I have missed in the last two and a half years. A detailed self-discipline analysis is under way. I want to discover more about myself and evaluate the skills I possess. Hopefully this would help to develop a strategy for my future direction.

I am reading a linguistic article on how foreign language is used as a prestige icon in most Asian country. It is a very interesting topic. From my experience, in H.K., English channels are considered high-class and charge more for advertising money than the other local language channels.

Talking about advertising, my brain cells are paralysed immediately. My Marketing Economic subject talks about profit maximisation again and again, and every tute is doing all those pure maths calculations. It is a fundamental subject for marketing strategic planning, yet it demonstrates the cruel side of commercial world – MONEY, MONEY, and MONEY. Firms want more money. Those executives are stuffed with profit, money and numbers in their heads. Despite of dislike, this is real and it is the world I am going to suck in in half a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home