Friday, April 29, 2005

Information overload

In my Writing Journalism class, we talked about impacts of new technologies on today’s news gather. A girl said something that really impressed me: “There are too much news everyday, and stories are rolling up in the breaking news session at every minute. A lot of time we try to avoid consuming any more information.” Frankly, consuming news on a day-to-day base is really tiredness. In addition to keep eyes on the moving world, as an informational dude, people in this field have to act as a filter with bright eyes that can uncover something are valuable to sell and consume. Unfortunately, I choose to be a game player in this fast moving news media world. Different daily newspaper, several weekly magazines and news sites are part of my world. Sometimes, I just want to escape from this information overflow and keep things simple. Therefore, tonight I started my first night on “maintaining financial record – bookkeeping” shortcourse. Nothing excited from identifying debt/credit, purchase/sales, and much more on cash flow concept. Adding an extra night every week to learn something new on top of my day time studying, hopefully, I could cope with the load.

I was looking for a partner to watch trinity drama play “COSI”. Unluckily, at this time of the semester, everyone is running on their toes with piles of assignment and other commitments. I had to reschedule my plan and would attend an Asialink Public lecture on Taiwan instead.

In final year, many of my friends, regardless local or international, are flipping around for jobs and experience. Some are offered first–round interview, some are preparing to go back home, some are just sit there and do nothing, “Take as it comes.” What a great mind of philosophy, except for you may end up hanging photographs in the art gallery with enigmatic “contemporary” ideology embodied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home