Tuesday, April 05, 2005

SALP selection

Three hours after crashing in bed, I habitually woke up early and my instinct dragged my tieredsome body out of bed. The SALP selection drove me crazy last night. Up until Friday, there were only 20 applications and I worried about not enough candidates, feared that I had to take anyone. Suddenly after Saturday night, *booom* 40 applications stuffed in! I only had two days to review all the applications along with many school works. Sacrificed my sleeping time, I carefully reviewed all the applications by 4am this morning. The afternoon meeting with the Arts Student Liaison Officer J.P. was fairly productive. We had all our selected new SALPers names (24 quotas) down within an hour.

I am very content with the quality of the new SALPers. From their applications, some are post-graduate with fantastic and extensive community work experience. Hopefully they will bring in new ideas to motivate the other Arts SALPers. As you know being an arts student is always “relaxing”, one or two role models can really help to make a difference. For Arts faculty, 40 applications are queuing in the system hoping to get into the program, exactly the same as mine a year ago.

I had a quick lunch with Raymond. It was a good time to catch up with this optimistic yet relaxing guy. He still has four more years at uni! Gee, a lucky guy. However, an unexplained gap stops me engaging a proper talk with him. My impression to him is just another playgirl in M&C.

In fact, take a glance around, my resume was merely a minor player in the competitive job market. I need to work hard to build more on it and start cold calling, as suggested by Raymond, to seek an internship opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home