Friday, April 29, 2005

volunteer

For the whole night, I was clicking from one website to another looking for working opportunity out there in the society. Several great sites are found. Currently the opportunities I am looking at are community work with volunteer base. My intuition comes from SALP. During my 14-month’s involvement with this program, I admitted that I did not commit as much as the program expected me to. Last year, my major activity was CTG. SALP was left as a trivial commitment; as much as attending the weekly seminar and those compulsory components. So this year, moving to a “senior” position, I want myself commit more and take a further challenge as leader in another area.

Anyway, I have found some great media and Arts sites that could give me opportunities to stretch my fingers in this industry. However, the main problem lays under is my TIME! There are always a lot of things I want to learn and do. The contemporary world becomes more and more complex and diverse. Understanding priority and knowing your aim become important guide lights that enlighten your to avoid distraction paths.

Final year! Final year! Three years of uni life is too short. All those mysteries on job seeking, working and living independently in the real world are suddenly sent in forth. I really wish I could stay on and gain more knowledge to prepare for the real severed battle in the messy world.

Melbourne is a great place for cultural and Arts related activities. I believe the Victoria must have given substantial amount to develop Melbourne as an Arts centre. Every month, there are always local and International events/festivals scheduling in our diary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home