Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Where are my companionships?

The newly refurnished basement female toilet in Union Hose is gross. Painted in bright red, it looks like nothing but the prostitute houses on Lygon St. I am ashamed of Melbourne Uni planners for approving such a four-month long distasteful renovation. Where are those intelligent interior designer?

I was caught up with one of my friend - a lady who back to study a linguistic diploma after ten years graduated from Uni – and had a long talk with her this afternoon. As she was much older than me, I would like to talk to her about life perspective. After talking with her, I felt scary. I don’t want to become someone like her: mid-30s, unemployed, worked in a TAB for five years, struggle to find a teaching job at the primary level, … I know graduate with a bachelor degree gives me nothing except a title to enter the workforce. There are so many qualified and talented competitors out there; and I know I will never match up myself with them, even if I continue to study. There are two folds in the modern society: a talent waste versus furious competition. The position like reception also requires the candidate with a degree! Sometimes I feel very pessimistic towards the unreasonable world. But, nothing is reasonable these days and I have to survive with spirit. I have a rough idea that I will leave this country before 25. Three years should be enough for me to get a world passport and save some money to venture out for the next unknown destination.

I have a feeling that I need a companionship. A lot of time, I feel really lonely but there is no one around. I haven’t met great people since second-half of my 2nd year. Now in my third year, once-friends are either busy with their study or maintain relationship commitment, we can not get back to the life style we had in our 1st year. Maybe that is why I have to make myself busy to forgive myself for not enjoying life, and to cover my loneliness feeling. I have friends who like similar things as mine, but unfortunately, they are not sitting besides me in this depressed city. They left one after another. I want to --- in three years time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home