Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Bleeding in the dry

Yesterday in the office is boring as many other interns would possibly encounter. Apparently the work load in the office is steady. Uni news will not come in two weeks, information booklet has already been produced, and the big advertising campaign will not start till mid-July. Even the media department guys are playing The AGE cross-word in the office. Oh well, I was told that when the person who in charge of the advertising department comes back from Sydney on Thursday, I would wish I can have one of this relaxing day in the office like yesterday.

My skin is bleeding everywhere, from nose to finger, from ankle to toes. Melbourne winter is very dry despite more rains than the summer. Bandaid is covering every wounds, but bleed is still seep out from the arid skin.

Two of my housemates are on the road to central Australia. They had been asking me about what central Australia was like and things they should prepare to the 11-day route trip. This recalled my memory two years ago. My comment is: it is tough, but it is great fun! I had lost most of the contacts with people who went to the trip in that year, yet those who I still had regular contacts are really good friends of mine now. Some of them have graduated, some moved back overseas, and some are graduating soon. Everyone moves on their track of like. Hopefully I will see one or two of them again soon.

Another aspect of Singapore I heard last night was quite shocking. Sing, a friend of mine who just graduate from Melbourne post-graduate commerce, told me that her Singaporean friends were crazy workaholic. They reviewed a small assignment 10 times before they handed it in. They are perfectionist and do not enjoy life as a human should do. Scary isn’t it? Many Singaporean say that I am the only one they know who want to go to Singapore. This decision may be wrong, but I determine to enter into the crazy work swirl next year, regardlessness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home