Sunday, June 26, 2005

Build your own life

I went window shopping with Kim on Chapel street on Thursday. I seldom go to Chapel; the farthest I had been to was Jam Factory, where the village cinema locates. There are a lot of “brand” clothing shops on that famous Melbourne boutique street – expensive and styleless. Clearly I am not a fashioned girl, contrasted to many girls at my age. The only thing I was looking for was a Bikini! To propel myself wake up in a cold winter morning, swimming has been put on my weekly schedule now. My old swimsuit has already been worn out and loosely pulls on my body. Since January, I keep reminding dad to buy me a new one in China, and he is like “OK! OK!” and then turns around and totally forget about it. I am stinging on the other hand, and do not want to spend more than I should on buying a two-piece “cloth”. Before I can spot on an affordable and styleness one, I think I still have to bear wearing the old one, as long as my old mate does not fall off while I am swimming.

Today was a pleasant day: a fantastic weather coupled with a companionable chick-chat with my ex-workmate (Kitty), who got married last year and recently bought her own house after two years of hard working. She and her husband are from north-China provinces. Both have been working extremely hard to settle their own life in Australia. Although they do not have an admirable salary, they are content with the life they build up with their hands. When I told them my plan of moving to Singapore, they all strongly supported my decision. They said, it was easy for me to reallocate while I was still young and did not have that many commitments. I could easily pack a bag, bought a ticket and fly to a new place to start my life again. I may make a wrong decision to move, I may see others further down the career track than I do, I may … there are too many uncertainties ahead, but as I have already made up my mind to walk down this path, I should not regret and strike hard for my success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home