Sunday, June 05, 2005

Dance Salsa

How could a guy like him last all night long? Hey, hey, don’t mistake me, I mean dancing for the whole night. Kenny, Victoria, Sunny and me went down the nicely ambient-lighted stairs onto a high polished dance floor at the basement of Park Hyatt last night at 10:30pm. The venue was already filled in quite a lot of dancers sweating with the salsa beat. A Cuban live band was playing vibrating salsa music with people flipping around, regardless beginners or gurus. Kenny, my newly met dance buddy, asked different chicks on the dance floor for dance for every new song. Four full hours non-stops tapping his feet on the floor, I teased him as the “hottest” guy on that night. Differently, I took a “conservative” approach, stood aside waiting for guys to come forward to me.

There was an embarrassing moment that a guy was such a prof that I could not follow. At the end, he asked me nicely: “Am I too much for you?” Yeah, every salsa dancer knows Park Hyatt is the place where you can catch those prime dancers.

I was fascinated with couples of dancers. I felt like watching a professional performance. Kenny even yelled out: “How could you do that?” Compared to them, our dance sport’s gold medallists are merely starters.

It was a relaxing night, the only thing I could pick on was they only played Salsa music; we were excited with the one and a half cha-cha and two Meringue they played for the whole night!

Knowing these dedicated dancers, I don’t think I will be bored in this coming mid-freaky-Melbourne-winter-holiday. There are a lot of dance spot we can hook onto. Hopefully, we would not become the people described by Freddy as “Clubbing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday … working to earn money in the rest of the days.”

I am so jealous to those students who have already secured a job for next year. They have no worries for their next step in life. Luckily, although I can not find any lucks outside campus, I have secured a work experience with the university Media office and will start working straight after exams. More details are still need to be confirmed, but at least I know what I am going to do in the five-week break. I am a person like to plan everything beforehand, although I know realities are always fluid. As long as I know which direction I am heading to, I will then feel relief. Otherwise, I will dire and have to find a way out of!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home