Friday, June 17, 2005

Economic week

I was looking up the floor directory in the economic and commerce building, and coincidentally looked across the broad to the Melbourne Economic subject list. In fact, there are not many steps (subjects) for you to walk to the top. Intro à Inter à Micro à Advance à Thesis! Certainly, there are some side subjects that assist you to apply these core theories in the real world, which are the subjects I am doing right now. I like Micro (not Macro which is quite contrast to the others) and 巧妙的avoid all the statistic subjects. Economy is fascinating, yet it is not the field I would go any further than undergraduate level. On top of that, this field work as a value added to my media “academy” and I don’t think statistic models will assist me in terms of career progression or skill development. One more economic subject then I will finish my short life as a junior economist.

Past few days I was entrenched in the library. Sometimes I question myself: “Do I need to spend so much time on studying?” The unchanged fact is I was born serious to everything. My last year of education makes study more valuable to me. I don’t know when I will be back into this kind of student life again, not in a few years I think.

I was caught up by Bryan last night to come back to library to “assist” him for the economy paper. Not making much progress as expected. He was tired after the econometric exam. Instead, we were chatting widely for whatever topic we could grab on; mostly are on exams and careers in anyhow. Then, Katieya joint in. This Ukraine girl is going exchange to Boston in August. How excited is that! I wish I could go exchange as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home