Thursday, June 02, 2005

Job, job and more job!

I have been researching, writing and sending out a number of job applications to Melbourne advertising company and are eagerly waiting for any lucks that might arise. I know it is not easy, but it is not unachievable. As an international student speaking English with an exotic accent, and limited amount of knowledge and experience, the only thing I could do is try harder and think better. Every night I did not go to bed until I felt sick sitting in front of the computer for hours looking and asking for opportunities. I am doing this on a daily base, because it takes up so much time that I spread my application process with my assignments and exam preparations.

So far, I am content with the progress I go with my assignment although it still needs more work on it. Exams stuff have not yet been touched as the first one is in two weeks. Still too far away for me.

I saw Bred Farmer today when I handed in my essay. Although I saw him several times, I had never thought he was such an attractive gay academic lecturer. He swayed back his Crumpler biker bag and wearing a short-sleve-out-long-sleve-in top. He looked no difference from a Melbourne student except for the wist sparkle from his eyes.

Last night in my MYOB short course class, I talked with a girl who had qualification only to Year 12. She is content with her current life and lives no different from those with a degree. Maybe I just know from the surface, but apparently in Australia, degree is not an essential to make oneself happy. In terms of looking for jobs, she gave me a lot of advice, and commented that there were lots of opportunities in the city. In my own world of configuration, I have confronted with two different views of job situation: one from my graduated uni friends who find it hard to get a job, and one from some one with lower qualification and say reasonable paid-jobs are easy to get. My opinion is, one group is looking to high while the other is doing reasonable OK. Giving the welfare and industry reward system in Australia, there really not much difference between these groups. Whereas, what I am looking for is not in Australia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home