Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A tough one

I was asked by the girls in the restaurant for how to say “any chance?” in Chinese? Thought for a few seconds, I still could not think of a suitable phrase as our Chinese is very CONSERVATIVE. So I told them: “We just do it!” This classic answer deserved a good laugh.

My mandarin capability drops a thousand mile, despite I am living with four other mandarin speakers. Today, I could not even say “spill the water” in mandarin.

Sitting for a three-hour exam was bad enough, be worse off, there were faults in the question! I understand why there are so many economy crack down in the world, it is bloody complicated and unpredictable. Even in the simple undergraduate model, faults are still unavoidable. After the sweating three hours, our Development Economy students said to our lecturer: “Thanks for your teaching, we really enjoyed it … not the exam though!” Undeniable, it was a tough one. Anyway, it has gone. I start panicking with the “aggression” “testified” “variable” marketing economy =[

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home