Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Full on days

These two days were quite eventful as I start shadowing the advertising manager, Ev(eline) in the office. She was pretty full on as there are only two staff plus one two-day casual staffs in the advertising unit of the whole Melbourne Uni. Worse of all, one of them has been sick for two whole week while the other one (Ev) was in a Sydney conference for three days. I sat by her site, reading emails with her, seeing her sending out emails, calling the agency and clients, attending groups and client meetings, etc, etc. I find advertising more and more enjoyable than the other areas I was probing round. Although the works I am or will be working on in this small office is pretty much at the basic level, giving that my language level in a foreign country, I don’t think I can do much better than that. I have tried my best to get a job in the agency, or even in the customer service area, but I cant get the ideal job I want. Instead of pulling my hair and honing for the fantasy, I don’t mind start from scratching as long as I have no regrets.

The other thing is I will start my first trial in a fancy Italian restaurant on Lygon st. Obviously my pay will go up (at least $13+ phr cash, I think). The things I worry about are I am to weak to do three plates carry and my English may not be good enough compared to other workers. I will try my best, as I got this job from an Italian friend, I don’t want to let her down. I am such a person that once has made up a goal, I will do my best to achieve it. If I am reluctant to change, as most of you will do without being aware of, I will fag at working until I leave this country. Also, I want to save as much as I can before I fly down to Singapore next year.

I went to watch War of the World last night just before mid-night with Tina and a local grown 香港仔. My focus here is the movie *disappointed* The Hollywood movies are a sort of turning into a vicious circle now – crap genre, excessive visual impact and chucking in couples of famous actors/actress. I am not a big fan of mass culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home