Sunday, July 31, 2005

HEWSO regathering

We had a HEWSO team social gathering yesterday. It was great to see everyone again after the summer project. We talked for hours, exchanging life prospective and ambitious. Kate and I will apply for PR after graduation this year. Sing is going back to H.K. and try to find work in investment bank. Jenny is offered a job from ANZ financial department with an Arts (Linguistic) degree. Eric is going to work for his uncle’s engineering company in the coming summer holiday. James is still pathetic, being late and mess up things, but he is going to enter a Salsa competition in September. *Stay tune for that*

I ran into Stuart, an Aussie guy who had secured a graduate position with P&G in Singapore, on my way to see CMG production on Friday. This bloke is extremely smart and friendly, and he was my first year micro and macro tutor. We had a few minutes of quick chat on our recent life and plans for the future before we ran off. He is going on an exchange to California for his final semester next week and will travel to South America and Europe before he commences his marketing role with P&G in Singapore in March next year. His future is admirable. The condition of work for international company in Singapore is heaps better than local firms, which does not require you to work 7/24 if possible. But, I am not jealous. There is always someone who can do better than yourself; if I always look up without thinking my on own ground, I will never be happy.

A new housemate moved in yesterday, another Chinese girl. If I could choose again, I would not choose to move in such a big house and live with Chinese people. On one hand that I lose a lot of opportunity on practicing my English, on the other hand, there are too many hassles of living with four others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home