Sunday, July 03, 2005

Market day

Sunday is the day for housework and shopping. I went with my housemate Adeline to Parham market in South Yarra suburb. Wandering among the organic food and fruit stores, we were finding our ways in the unknown market areas. It is just a small market with some exotic Italian poultry shops. Window shopping is always my way to kill time before the actual “stocking”. I stood in front of a number of poultry windows and enjoyed looking at different meat, cheese and marinated olive on display. I start liking Italian cuisine, giving that I have worked in an Italian restaurant for more than a year. After feeding our eyes with fattening Italian food, our “stocking” action did not take place until we got back to Melbourne city, in the more excited Victoria market.

I found myself could not take in too much sweet at once after I had a cup of ice-cream from the famous gelato shop on Lygon. I also could not eat too much biscuit at a time, which I had already abstained. If I become obsessive with one of each, allergy would not let me go. So what should I do if my teeth start grinding up-and-down? Fruit is my cure. A way to stay healthy and endure the thoughts of obsessive eating.

I have also abstained another addiction – stop lingering myself on a thing I should let go a year ago. It is like opium, only the most determined thought could free the mind and let things go. I am glad that I finally have no feeling at all, although it takes a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home