Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A slow day

We had a slow day in the office today. Surprisingly enough, the phones stopped ringing after 2pm, which gave Ev a little bit of relief since the absence of Palm last week. What I did was talking with Palm about family, her overseas experience, and cooking. As she had a middle East husband, she told me a lot about Arabic and Mediterranean food she or her family had made. She likes to talk about leisure life and things she does in weekends. One view poped up into my mind immediately, as I am going to leave this relaxing kind of life style and enter into a fast beat work place, I should enjoy more and do something I should do as in my age.

Tonight is my second volunteer night in the legal service centre. It was much busier than last Thursday and the solicitors and para-legals were very engaging in talking and explaining things to me. I understand more legal terminologies and know more about matters that rise from our everyday life. I will be doing this once a fortnight, and hopefully I could continue doing this till I leave Australia.

Grandma fell down from the stairs in my aunt’s house last week. I did not know until Monday. Lucky enough, despite falling from such a height, she only broke one rib bone and cracked another.

She still likes to criticise Aunt Mable and I a sort of in a “um…ah…” kind of conversation with her. I don’t want to get involved in her dispute with Aunt Mable; I am sick of hearing from their “you said, she said” points of views.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home