Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunday AFL

I haven’t hit down to the dance floor for ages. There are always things that disturb my dancing schedule: was working last Sunday, visited grandma this Friday and accompanied with a group of Chinese students today. Next Sunday I will be in the annual CTG camp. Another miss to dance.

The group of Chinese students are the winners of an English oral competition. Their prize is a week visit to Melbourne. Today is their first day. Catherine, one of my colleague in the media unit, and me went with them to see the AFL in Telstra dome. They asked me a lot of questions about the game. Unfortunately, I knew nothing more than kicking the ball through the poles and you can used hands to touch the ball. Some of them quickly adapted to the Aussie way of yelling and clapping during the match, but some girls fell asleep halfway into the match, me included. After the match, we then bring them down to Lygon street to taste the proper Italian food other than Pizza Hut and Domino. After sending them back to their hotel, on our way back home, Cath and me found that we had the same worry as me that they might not be interested in watching such an Aussie culture. Lucky nothing went wrong today.

CTG starts building sets tomorrow. Hopefully it will not be the three-meter height stands like last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home