Thursday, August 04, 2005

Another competition

Yesterday I attended an information session for an entrepreneur competition, accompanied by Kate, Jenny and Sing. Kate and I were astonished by the level of the competition, the knowledge level and the amount of workload required to get into the semi-final. This business competition is far more demanded than HEWSO and YAA. The requirement is, first of all, to find your own team member in whatever means, desirable MBAs or even your lecturer. Then the team has to come up with a marketable innovative idea and submit a brief business plan to the competition committees. Your team could further proceed the idea only if you get into the semi final stage. By that time, your business could start to take-off, given that you could have at least two mentors in the industry where your business will operate in. This competition is, indeed, beyond undergraduate level, whereas it opens to all Melbourne Uni students in all disciplines.

I have some vogue ideas, yet what I really need is some time to sit down and have a brain-storming myself. Sadly, I am always busy with a lot of commitments, work and other stuffs, I find it really hard to spare sometime to think for myself. When I finally have time, I could not or do not know how to think! How sad is that.

Luckily, I talked to the competition president and the winners of previous years, and was given some contacts in the media industry, both Melbourne and Singapore. I may take it from there and see how far I can make it in the competition.

For the coming weekend, I will have quite an intensive social dance event. The dance sport Friday night social dance, after that, Kenny, Freddy and many others will continue salsa rhythm in Park Hyatt; on Sunday night, another night-long dance class in Coppacabana. *legs cross*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home