Saturday, August 13, 2005

Housemates

For some reasons, I try to alienate myself from my housemates. One is because I don’t like to speak mandarin for nonsense; another is I have a very different view as an international students from them. Although I had chance to get to know real Australian’s way of living, I hold my Asian value but twist it with some Australian influence. I feel bad about talking so little to my housemates, yet it is my psychological barrier that stop me to offer them my friendship. Interestingly, I like to hang out with Adeline, my Malaysian housemates who is working in an accounting firm. Maybe my inbeing is that I like to be with those who are older, rather than younger, than me.

I ran into Kim on Thursday and “see look, see look” with her in the city. She graduated already, and came back again from Singapore to attend her commencement today (Saturday). I did not have the sad feeling as what I used to have in farewells. When we waved goodbye, I knew we will see each other again fairly soon next year in Singapore. By then, she would have a job and I would be working in Singapore also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home