Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Icy Winter

Melbourne today had the coldest winter so far in this year. I wrapped myself up in thick blouses but still shivered when I ran around campus. Icy winter had persisted for about a month now, and I had stocked up quite a bit of winter fat. Everyday, I drink two cups of hot instant soup to ease my orexis. Despite it has low fat content, it still not a heavy diet.

I attended the second workshop of the MUEC (Melbourne University Entrepreneur Challenge). The topic was Intellectual Property. As I am studying IP as in the media area, this night’s workshop was more in the business area. It was interested to know the whole process of applying for a patent – a future monopoly licence. The process is complicated, time constrained, risky and costly. Unless we are seriously on exploring a innovative idea and turn it into a business, it is not advised to patent the idea/product.

After two workshops, I am still waveringly on participating in this program. So many matters needed to take into account if I want to commit. I am not passionate enough to do my own business. Maybe I am not in that age group or that state of mind yet.

Whereas, I had a good chat with some MBA/Master students. The reasons for them to take further study various: career progression, career detour, a break from “real” life, or just want to linger around university longer. Whatsoever, I am the youngest and less experience among them and I don’t want to be one of them. One of the girls was surprised that I seem to know everything, from legal matter to finance issues. As a media person, my primary job, like it or hate it, is to absorb rich information and then spread them around to make ripples in people’s daily life. I don’t necessarily need to know the core of these issues, only concepts will do the job. I may never become professional in an area, but I would get my hands on everything to cure my curiosity, which has good and bad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very energetic blog, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be
a part 2?

My web site golf watch gps garmin (xpressreleasewire.com)

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home