Saturday, September 24, 2005

A delightful day with lovely people in joyful events

In the morning, I went to see the AFL grand final parade. I am not a big footy fan. Whereas, given that Melbourne has such a strong football culture, we should all cheer both teams – Sydney Swan and Westcoast Eagle – for making the whole way through the footy season to the final match. Before I leave Melbourne, I would love to participate in as many cheerful events as possible, especially in the spring time when cultural events are surging.

I spent the whole afternoon talking to him from topic to topic. He is a good talker. A lot of time, I have to do sole research and think about things on my own. It is good that I can find someone to exchange our opinions on the world, seeing things through glasses with different filters. People from Hong Kong is sophisticated and goal-setter. They could destroy my tiny confidence in just a few words. He has been encouraging me to work and live in Hong Kong, yet I don’t think I can withstand the Hong Kong culture and mindset. I have adapted a bit of laziness and easy-going style from Aussie, and would like to keep my mind in a simple and innocent state.

At night, we went to watch CTG mandarin production – “twelfth night”. At the first part of the play was a bit boring, yet it became entertaining when Dobby appeared as a gay man and fight in a girlish way. From the backstage’s point of view ^_^, there was quite a bit of scene changes, requiring backstage people on alert most of the time during the three-hour long production. Luckily, set items were minimal; that save troubles from changing from scene to scene.

We were supposed to go clubbing afterwards, yet the only techno place we knew does not open on Friday night. In the end, Kenny, Ziran, Brian, Z and me decided that our night should spend on something more meaningful – poker. Quickly, we brought chips, ice-cream and Salsa music to Ziran’s apartment. Child’s memory revived as we played this silly poker game. At 2am, lying on the floor with eyes half-opened, I was transported by Kenny’s car leaving nothing in my pocket; all my chips was betted in the last round and lost to Kenny. We took a photo of him kissing his long stack of winning chips, with a high chin smile. *cutie boy*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home