Thursday, September 15, 2005

Father

My dad told me in an easy tone that he was going to be made redundant and would be allocated to a smaller office next month. He is my dad, I understand that there must be a rippling unrest hovering in his mind at the moment. It is not easy for him to accept this fact, given that he still has seven more years before he can officially retire. Man is always strong from outside but fragile inside. My dad falls into this typical category of mankind: absorb all the bitness himself without saying a word with others.

I always think that my parents can live in a good time in China by the time they get old. Things planning in my future blue print are all exclusive to my own. For a long time, Mum and Dad have been giving me large enough space and being supportive to all my decisions. In return, I am ignorant; always going back to ask them for more money to satisfy my leisure expectations. They must have had hard times since I left five years ago. At the current stage, I am not able to give them any materialistic things in return, which makes me feel guilty enough. I may have to sit down and reconstruct my plan of future – where is the way to go – taking more reality factors into account and think in an adult way. No matter how much I am not willing to, I don’t have the magic to rewind the age wheel. I did have good times of being innocent and ignorant; now it is time to become responsible to both my family and me.

Once girls start talking about guys and relationships, there is no full stop. Last night, Kate and I talked on the phone till 3am; topics centred on life philosophy to relationship preferences. Every girl has her dream man. No exceptions for both of us. For me, I don’t really set a frame to assess a guy, but would rather taking him as he comes and shape us into the same frame.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey cloris, really enjoy reading your blog. =) I Will be a regular fan of your 'column' from now on....

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home