Monday, September 26, 2005

hunky-dory dancers

Mid-night conversation could easily lure people into a hectic state; topics can go wide and wacky. Most of them are voices from our hearts. Since the left of big C, I did not have a good-long house-mate conversation. Whereas, last night, I talked with one of my housemate till 4:30am. It was a good talk.

A few hours later, I got up to catch a train to Geelong for the V8 and UNICEF fund raising event. The first thing for the day was a morning running exercise; we ran around the chaotic Spencer St station for finding the V/line train platform. Still, we missed our train in the end. The grace was, Hubert had a car. So we drove all the way down to this regional town – Geelong – and had our day selling wrist ban for funding UNICEF. Kids were running around, several V8 cars were displayed in this big open grass space. Our sales ran pretty good. For me, I sold at least 60 wrist bands. From doing this, I found myself was brave and walked up to the crowd asking them to buy the bands for supporting UNICEF. At the end of the event, we would all receive a T-shirt with the V8 car driver’s autograph on.

From Geelong back to Melbourne, I drove. Although I have got a full licence now, I hardly steered the wheel during my three-year’s probational period. At the end of the trip, they politely commented on my rusty driving skill by saying: “We are all safe!” *_*

I find myself become not only additive but obsessive towards dancing now. Tonight, I went dancing for four hours. I tried to squeeze myself in the advance class, yet, as I missed out the first couples of weeks of the routine which made it really hard for me to complete the routine. At the end of the classes, I went to see Prestasia (the teacher), did a short private danced consultation with him. He advises me that as I have been learning ballroom dance, which is not the Salsa he is teaching, I would need to have work more on the basic steps and stay a bit longer in the intermediate level before moving up to the advance class. This is quite true. Looking at my current skills and mastering techniques in dance, there still needs a while for me to become a good dancer.

Surprisingly, Jenny and Neil came to Copa as well. It is always adorable to watch this couple dance. In the social dance time, a runty Cuban guy asked me for a dance, who showed me some real South American Salsa steps. Apart from dancing, I also had a few talks with the people who do the advance class. They are nice people, unlike those intimated dudes in Park Hyatt, and suggested me some secrets in dancing and things I should do to improve my skill.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joining the Chorus of Disapproval
I think it's fair to say that in the last few years, Macs running OS X have become widely used among a certain section of the weblogging and tech conference-going digerati; when one of the best known people in ...
Hi, I was just checking out your blog. You have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a spironolactone acne blog. It pretty much covers spironolactone acne related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8:59 AM  
Blogger xiao ying said...

hey cloris! It was great seeing you at copa too! =) I'm actually quite glad to have met someone as honest and nice as you. gtg, cheers
-jen

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home