Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sunny for one day, gust for another

I have spent too much time than I should on doing a small Industrial economics problem set (a better name for assignment). On top of that, I really push myself too much and don’t allow any rest or imperfections – preparing for a faculty meeting, starting a new project with UN (I will talk about this later), SALP meetings, CTG, and practicing dance. Trying to do everything is really killing myself. I find couples of white strands in my hair recently, which adds up onto my already bad hair condition.

I am going to do dance medal next Saturday. As I have been putting a lot of time on exploring new dance moves and practising on medal routines, it is time for me to reward myself by taking the medal. I am going to do it with a girl called Min, not a guy which may get bonus mark for taking a risk of being gossiped as lesbians. We plan to choreograph our own styles for Meringue, and add some cool move for Mambo and Salsa. There will be an intensive dance practice on Friday night.

There is an UN NGO called UNCEF which is going to hold a conference in Melbourne, or, if possible, start a new office here. This NGO is about helping children in third world countries via International fund raising campaigns, conferences and small events. NGO projects have been lingering in my mind for quite some time. This is the area I am interested in and it is definitely more attractive than the commercial world. Commercial things such as entrepreneurship are really not my taste. I understand that involving in NGO can not yield for good money, but this is where my heart is. Whereas, on the other hand, I need big money to reward my parents’ in their late years; I can not be too selfish, merely listen to MY heart but ignore the rest of the family. The balance tip point is hard to adjust.

Gusty winds are blowing rampantly in Melbourne after days of blessing good weather. My hair is messed up and my glasses are spotting with rain drops every single day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home