Sunday, September 18, 2005

*A sweet night*

Since last Thursday, I have put aside all my studies and kept partying for the whole weekend. It is time to update what I have been doing now.

I went to the annual Dinner dance ball on Friday. Unlike most of the cross universities ball, this Melbourne-Monash dance club ball is small but sweet. No more than 200 people, and most of them are people I know. The night passed on quickly with our feet moving to various dance music. Basically, everyone who attended could dance; this was the fun bit. I picked up the long lost swing memory after following Henry’s lesson on “simshan”. I then met with my old swing dance partner Loucian, and amazingly found out that he was also from Guangzhou. More coincidently, he is also living in Vermont South, just a few blocks from my aunt’s house. Small Melbourne, small world.

After dinner dance, we all went to Park Hyatt again. Unlike the previous times, our group of people were all well-dressed and danced to the last song. I asked and was asked to dance with two folks who were lately told me that they were instructors. Learnt some new moves and applied them on Kenny while we were dancing in the last song. I felt like my techniques had improved greatly and were able to catch up, and sometimes, teach Kenny the groovy stuffs.

Kenny and I did not follow J, F and Y group to supper, as he had to go horse riding at 7am on the other day. We reached home at 2:30am, but could not stop chatting till 4am. I like all my dance buddies, as we are all after partnership not relationship. We can talk about everything and act intimately without being suspects of B-G relationship. As Kenny said, “we can fall in love for 3 minutes on the dance floor, there is nothing wrong with it”. Although we might be seen as “dirty dancing” when we dance, we put out hearts into it; we are performing and presenting out talents. On top of that, we are seeking a partnership which we know each other well enough that nothing over the line will happen. Neither of us wants to go to far and takes the risk of cracking it. As many top dancers comment, finding a matching partner is hideous; no one wants to blow it in the end.

Kenny is such a lovely little boy. We had a close chat on everything in the dark – uni life, relationships, family, friends and blar blar blar. It was ages since the last time I had such kind of “couch” talk. .

Recently, I suddenly become additive to shopping, and of course spent a lot of money. I bought some clothes for dancing, manicure tools for clubbing, and a new glasses frame to make myself look younger. I also spent money on trinkets such as artistic badges, fundraising chocolate, belts, etc. My girlie side stick out strongly under the influence of dinner dance. It is time for me to renovate my appearance and eliminate my feminist stands.

When we reach midlife, most of us may face a career crisis, unless you are very successful and have your own business, otherwise, you are either made redundant or overtaken by the young. This happens to my dad and my uncle as well. My uncle is an engineer, however, he is ignorant to office politics and was taken away some of his work to a younger engineer not long ago. There is not much can help to reduce such kind of crisis; they are not able to, or are not brave enough to step into a new industry, or even to change job. They are used to their day in day out working life and it makes very hard for them to make a switch. The society is always unfair. As for young people, we always want to take over jobs from “old dudes”; on the other hand, old people are facing possible faith of being kicked out while their cumulated experience is adapted by the young without acknowledgements. I said to my dad, whatever will happen to you, take it as it comes and think in a positive way. Although you are made redundant, this might be a hint that you will take up something more valuable in your life that you have not yet realise.

Photos are up for view in the my photo site. Please click on my photo album on the navigation bar on your left-hand side ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home