Friday, October 28, 2005

Job, job, job and more jobs!

My stomach gets to such a point that gas keeps busting from peristalsis. Bursting continuously since yesterday despite the fact that I have forced myself to have at least two meals a day in the past one week.

Nothing can be worse than two assignments due tomorrow, another two due next Friday, with four days and two nights work in a row, plus one exam and an IELTS text in a not far future. I am totally flat out at this time of the year. Library and work occupy all my life routines with no space left, including dance.

Most of my friends have their matters sorted out for next year: some of them have secured a job for next year, some of them will continue academically challenges, and some will go home. I will start looking for work after all the study loads are handed in. I do not feel particularly worried about getting a job, given that I have sufficient working experience and confident presentation of myself.

Towards the end of a degree, everyone is looking for a job, or else, secured one a long time before. I know I have to kick my lazy bum, otherwise, I will be wasting my time in this country before I leave. Grad position is always good for fresh grad, yet, I am looking for something better. I may probably will not get a perfect job in Melbourne, but why not get some experience and money before I leave? I trust my ability and personality to get a decent work in an office environment.

Cecile got a job in a blink. She is offered a graduate position with one of the big recruitment agencies called select. She told me that she only applied for and had no experience in the HR area; but she got it! As she will be looking after people who are looking for tempt/part-time position for admin kind of entry level, I may contact her next year to ask her to get me one. For sure, I believe I am merit to get a higher position.

SALP graduation was tonight. That was not a big ceremony, but short and sweet, given 05 SALPers to get together and mingled around for the final time. It is amazing to see how we have changed from the commencing of this program till the end. This program highlighted my student life in Uni, expanded my view on community and gave me chances to involve in faculty events.

At the end of the ceremony, Bryan was forced to take away all the chips in a bin bag, reasoning not wasting food by Rita. I laughed at him all our way back to library, teasing him as a Santa with a bin bag. I definitely will miss this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home