Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A matter of trust

Head was still spinning, I finally dragged myself back home from the incommodious computer lab. I did not make much progress though, despite I spent the whole night with my friends working on the multimedia project. It might be easy for some people, whereas I am not a computer genius, that causes me a hectic.

I went out for dinner with my girlfriends before we committed ourselves in front of the fluorescent screen. These days, when girls sit together, table topics will always about relationship. The sequela from girl school gossip culture.

The last time I received more than five missed calls were the time Raymond asked me about the ticket to see Danny Boite’s comedy show. Last night, I threw myself in bed and did not move since. By the time I woke up this morning, six missed calls were laying on my phone screen with one incoming call vibrating the metal cell, eagerly to wait to hear my husky voice. Z is such a sensitive person. Although I find it really hard to trust and rely on the others, I feel I should cherish someone who shows concerns on me. Future is erratic; things could not be worked out if we don’t take part in the same boat.

Steven King gave me a big surprise when he presented his work with ACCC on Monday’s economic lecture. He is a genius economist. Unlike the other dull and odd scholars in our economic department, his energetic and flinging jokes around on those complex economic theories. His first question went:

-Who had me as your InterMicro lecturer? …
… Oh, you are still in economics. Surprise, surprise.

When he talked about law that restricted merger in Australia, he asked:
-Has anyone done “competition law”? (towards the law students)
-It is optional, so…
-That is the most interesting law; and it is the only one law subject I did in undergraduate. Ai… you guys are all go doing constitution law, right? Wanted to change the world.

He was engaging, not in his exam though as more than half of the students failed his exam last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home