Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A life as a game

My house fell into a dead silence. I was lying on bed, trying to pole up my eyes to read a book in the wee hours. Two of my housemates flied back to China/Taiwan on the same day. Waving with wishes, I know I have to try hard to get a job before they come back next year. A long hot and anticipating summer is already knocking at the door.

I can still remember this Life Game played in CTG camp. We, as normal people, all have to follow a life pattern – started being a student up to tertiary level, then the quickest way to pull money in is to work as a labourer. After saving up sufficient money, we can then choose either to continue further education or to change another job. Some of us chose to become entertainers, some preferred to queue up for a degree. There are also quite a few of us trapped into the marriage cycle and looking for childcare or a partner. This simple game is a reflection of our life. It is the symbolic of our unescapable faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home